Weldon’s of Dublin are one of Ireland’s leading experts in antique diamond engagement rings, vintage diamond jewellery, and antique Irish silver.
We are one of the founding members of the Irish Antique Dealer’s Association, and currently sit on the council of the association.
For over 100 years we have supplied top-grade diamonds and precious stones from our jewellery shop in the heart of Dublin. We offer a business based on years of honest, reputable dealing, and offer superb value compared to high-street jewellers.
We are a fourth generation family business; James Weldon founded the business circa 1890, coming to Dublin from his home in Kilcock, county Kildare. He dealt extensively in diamonds, old Irish silver and pictures, until 1951.
His son James moved to our present location on Clarendon Street in 1940. He was a member of the Company of Goldsmiths of Dublin, and served a period as Master Warden. His widow Joan continued trading after his death, and her son James (Jimmy) entered the business in the 1960s. In 1996 James was made a member of the Company of Goldsmiths of Dublin, and in 2001 became Master Warden. James is widely regarded as the world’s leading expert on Georgian Irish silver. This year James is again serving a term as a Warden of the Company of Goldsmiths.
Please do pay us a visit one day! We are open from Tuesday to Saturday, 10am until 5.30pm.
We have only one shop, located just off Grafton Street in the centre of Dublin, at
Clarendon Street is just behind Brown Thomas (we are at the corner where the Louis Vuitton concession is located).
Weldon is a Registered Trademark, all rights reserved.